Saturday 21 July 2012

Erquy to St Quay

  

As mentioned in the previous log, I was unhappy with the sea state and the ability of the anchor to hold in those conditions so by 6am I was up and moving the boat to our next destination St Quay.  There was enough wind to sail but it was right on the nose. Lou had stayed in bed and I wasn't inclined to up sails and tack upwind on my own, So on went the engine while I made a hasty passage plan.  Did I mention the amount of rocks in this area.!   On the bright side, it was a beautiful sunrise. 



A relatively uneventful journey after the sunrise,  and as we had left Erquy so early, I was going to leave around 11:00, the tide was not right for us.  Once in safe water and with the wind dying I hove to  put the fishing lines out and we bobbed around for a couple of hours.  Lou sun bathing , me fishing.

We reached St Quay about 14:00 and were met by a Aussie Harbourman, who spoke fluent French and Oz.  neither of which I could understand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment